Annual ECCD ConferenceThursday, February 26th, 2009
March 2 – 7, 2009
Our Annual Conference is 5-days long and is for Early Childhood trainers from every corner of Myanmar. This includes trainers with various levels of experience as well as people from the government, INGOs, local NGOs, and faith-based organizations. We have around one hundred participants every year. Each morning a guest speaker gives a 1-hour presentation on topics which are relevant and important for the participants. The conference is very interactive, reflecting the holistic teaching methods Yinthway Foundation champions.
The topics for this year are:
- Psychosocial Support for Children
- Environmental Issues
- The Effective Use of UNICEF Early Childhood Media
- A Non-Formal Education Model for Out-of School Children
- Brain Development – Use it or Lose it
The first day is for presentations from each organization in regards to what they have been doing over the last year, especially anything new or innovative. Days 2-4 are for mini-workshops, which the participants sign up to participate in.
The topics this year include:
- Special Education
- Math Games
- Child Protection
- Lesson-Planning for preschools
- Learning English Through Songs
- Drama for Young Children
- Early Stages of Reading and Writing
- Experiential Learning
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Dealing with Shocking Situations
Thanks for the great effort in ECCD. I am interested in doing online training in ECCD. Do you have any?
In case of training parents, can I get your manuals to use?
Mark Anthony Okharedia